A very Happy Hump Day to you all. My plan was to do a What I Ate Wednesday post today, since I skipped last week, but well…I didn’t take any pictures of my food, which is kind of the whole point of WIAW. Anyway, you’re not missing much. My eats have been mediocre lately, so maybe me forgetting to take pictures is the universe telling me that no one wants to see another picture of banana oatmeal. That’s fair.
Instead, I whipped up a wild workout for you. (look at that alliteration) It’s a toughy friends. I tried it out on Sunday, and on Monday, my whole body was sore. We’ll call that win though because if it makes you sore, you know that your muscles are (hopefully) growing, repairing, and getting stronger as long you’re fueling well of course.
The workout is fairly simple, only 5 different moves, and the total workout time depends on how much rest time you take between the different exercises and rounds. Sunday, I finished in about 25 minutes.
Quick 25 Minute HIIT Workout
1. Burpees – 20
2. Push Ups – 10
3. Weighted Squats – 20
4. Tricep Dips – 20
5. Plank – 1 minute
***5 Rounds for time
A few notes:
- You most definitely can add in a push up with the burpees but remember you’ll have a total of 50 additional push ups to bust out overall, so it might be wise to skip the extra push up and save your arms.
- I recommend using 5-15 lb dumbbells for the weighted squats.
- Make adjustments as needed. If you want to do 3 rounds. Do three rounds. If you struggle with shoulder or knee pain, skip the extra weight for the squat and do modified push ups.
- Also, do what’s best for your current fitness level and ability. Consult the pros if you have concerns. We are all wonderfully unique, so take care of your body in a way that best suits you.
- You will need a chair or bench for the tricep dips, but if you don’t have access to one, do them on the mat.
You end up doing 100 burpees, 100 squats, 100 tricep dips, 50 push ups, and 5 minutes of planking! Like I said, it’s a toughy.
So tell me…
What types of workouts do you usually do?
Feelings about burpees? –I love them.
Short and killer workouts? OR Long and moderate workouts?