If I could describe last week in four words, it would be a “veggie lacking bread packing” kind of week. The daily average was around three pieces of bread, the toast variety of course. Toast on toast on toast, packed away my tummy. I’m not complaining. Toast is a particularly perfect food.
Many thanks to Meg (a.k.a. supermom) for hosting this week’s Week in Review. You’re awesome.
- Celebrated mom’s birthday. Dad and I made her dinner, and then we spent the evening watching a movie together.
- Started new classes for the second semester. I talked with a friend about how uncomfortable change feels. She’s experiencing the same feelings as she starts a new college semester. I felt so uptight and anxious going into these new classrooms with new teachers, but as the week progressed, I adjusted.
- Filled out two scholarship applications.
- Baked these poo-esque looking muffins. Buckwheat flour and cocoa powder don’t mesh well aesthetically. They DO pack a pretty hefty nutrient punch though.
- Bottled my first batch of kombucha(!!!) and started a second batch. My bebe scobys are growing. Ask the parents, this was the highlight of my week.
- Decided for the 17th time that winter is my least favorite season. This dense gloom isn’t doing much for me.
- Started a new writing project. Creating fiction isn’t a strength, but I’ve been dabbling lately. (Isn’t ‘dabbling’ such a snotty word?)
- Made soup, a smoothie bowl, and a few other foodie items. My kitchen missed me. Like I said, I’ve been living off of toast lately.
- Worked on Friday. Babysat on Saturday.
- Took an extra rest day and felt a little guilty. The latter isn’t an accomplishment, just a musing. My long run was scheduled for Saturday, but I really didn’t want to. Every time I thought about getting on my running clothes and spending 10 miles in cold, foggy weather, I felt nauseous. I decided that if my whole self was dreading the run to the point of feeling physically unwell, I should listen. So I did.
- Wrote and published three blog posts, including a pilot for a reader discussion post that will hopefully be a regular occurrence in the future. Stay tuned for another one coming this Friday.
So tell me…
One thing you baked.
One thing you realized.
One thing you’re proud of.