I’m taking Week in Review back to its purest form. No deep reflections. No metaphors. Although those versions are wonderful and healing in their own way, sometimes we need simplicity.
Let’s get to it.
- Turned over my garden and found these carrots from last summer. They were a little woody, but a good smear of hummus made it all better.
- Wiggled my toes in fresh, cool dirt of said overturned garden. It is a magnificent feeling friends. Y’all should try it.
- Filled out applications and wrote essays for three scholarships.
- Prepped veggie burgers, soup, and muffins for the week.
- Grocery shopped.
- Finally watched Finding Dory. Actually, I’m half-watching it as I type this up. If I’m honest, it’s not as good as Finding Nemo.
- Spent some time soaking up sunshine and neature and earthy, springtime smells.
- I wore shorts. AND a tanktop…outside. It was super.
- Composted. I started this bin as a part of my sustainability project for my AP Literature and Composition class. It relates; I promise.
- Finished Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell. I highly recommend it. It’s about the power of snap decisions.
- I did necessary things like wash laundry, finish homework, and take showers.
- Got to run two times. One run was with a friend and another was a speedy treadmill run.
- Talked with a friend on the phone who is away at college. I don’t do this enough. It was lovely.
Simple. List. Done.
Hope you all have a fantastic week…or at least a bearable week. If it’s just bearable, find someone to hug, or some dirt to wiggle your toes in.
So tell me…
What are some “simple” things you did last week?
What are your favorite spring related activities?