How are you doing on this fine day? Today marks week two of official summer vacation. The warm weather finally showed up, and the clouds went away, which is excellent for boosting the ol’ mood. Warm weather can fiddle with my appetite though, so I’ve been enjoying cooling, summery foods. But staples like hot oats and roasted taters aren’t going anywhere. They stick around for all seasons and make life nice.
You know what makes life even nicer? Lists. Birthday wish lists, grocery lists, maybe even a few to do lists have brightened your day, but today, we list accomplishments from the week and celebrate even the little things.
- Ran a race on Saturday. I ran the same race last year, with the same awesome group, and it was one of the most mentally tough races I have ever run. This year, Beth (in the orange) and I ran together the whole time. She is so encouraging and such a great pacer. Seriously, if you ever need a professional running buddy who will be super positive AND give you hugs at the end of your race, give her a call. Everyone placed and did a fantastic job.
- Grocery shopped and found dark chocolate for $0.33. You’re jealous. It’s okay.
- Organized all of my school papers and binders from the year. It was all recycled (well, it will be recycled…eventually), but I’m pretty sure mama earth cried a little when she saw the height of the stack.
- Worked two days and babysat one day. It wasn’t really babysitting though. My neighbor’s daughter, who I have known and babysat for years, is about to start 6th grade this fall. Watching her grow up and become the lovely, thoughtful, articulate little lady she is today makes me happy.
- Sent out graduation announcements and thank you cards. Do any of you regularly send out snail mail? I want to be more intentional about sending cards. Receiving a hand written card feels special.
- Cooked ratatoulle. No, no ratitoulle. Wait, I got it, rat-a-too-ee. I tried to make it look like the dish from the movie Ratatouille. Such a cute film, by the way. Never underestimate the goodness of a well made Pixar production.
- Moved documents from my school Google Drive to my personal Google Drive and deleted docs I don’t need anymore. It looks less chaotic. I also found essays and research papers from ninth grade, and I kept them as a reminder that progress is slooow and painful but eventually shows up.
- Took chemistry, math, and Spanish placement tests for next fall. Chemistry hurt a little.
- Started reading The Bonesetter’s Daughter and A Mind of Your Own. The first is an easy, but compelling, novel. And the latter is more of a research based, cerebral non-fiction book. They balance each other out well.
- Watched this Ted Talk. It’s a good one.
Thanks for hosting Meghan.
So tell me…
What foods do you like to eat in the summer?
What was something you accomplished last week? (little, big, or medium)
What are you currently reading?